Husqvarna Motorcycles releases the 2021 FS 450, a single-cylinder competition supermoto machine.
Here is the press release from Husqvarna:
Underlining the brand’s continued commitment to the supermoto segment, Husqvarna Motorcycles North America, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of the MY21 FS 450–the single-cylinder competition supermoto machine that features advanced engineering, class-leading ergonomics and traction control as standard.
Housing a compact–yet powerful–engine within a lightweight frame and modern bodywork, the FS 450 features revised suspension settings that deliver enhanced handling and damping characteristics for incredible on-track riding experiences.
For 2021, the FS 450 features WP Xact forks with AER technology and a new mid-valve damping system that ensures a more consistent front-end suspension performance. Further enhancing the machine’s maneuverability, a new 22 mm diameter front axle and a 7 mm reduction in the base offset of the forks sharpens turning and overall agility. Refinements to the easily adjustable WP Xact shock improve rear-end damping performance with new, low-friction linkage seals delivering a refined suspension response.
Firing into life with a simple press of the electric start button, the FS 450’s SOHC engine provides riders with responsive and usable power, delivered smoothly through the Pankl Racing Systems five-speed gearbox.
The FS 450’s functional bodywork delivers ergonomics designed for exceptional comfort and is further enhanced by the addition of a high-grip seat cover to improve control in all conditions.
Enabling balanced and powerful braking, a 4 piston radially-mounted Brembo brake caliper and master cylinder work in conjunction with a 310mm disc to deliver exceptional front-wheel stopping performance. A single-piston brake caliper and a 220mm disc are mounted at the rear for balanced control.
The FS 450 features premium components, including CNC-machined triple clamps, Alpina wheels and Bridgestone tires, a carbon-fiber composite subframe and a Magura hydraulic clutch, ensuring unrivaled, top-level supermoto performance.
2021 Husqvarna FS 450 Technical Highlights:
- New mid-valve damping provides consistent fork performance
- New low-friction linkage seals for smoother shock action
- Revised WP Xact shock settings improve traction
- New seat-cover texture for exceptional comfort and control
- Shortened wheelbase (7mm) for optimal turning capabilities
- New 22mm front-wheel axle for improved fork response
- Frame: perfect flex characteristics, advanced rider feedback
- Carbon-fiber composite subframe – lightweight and robust
- Swingarm: optimal stiffness and reliability in a lightweight construction
- WP Xact front fork: progressive and consistent damping
- WP Xact rear shock: 266mm wheel travel
- Black 16.5”/17” Alpina spoked wheels and Bridgestone racing slick tires
- Bodywork: distinctive looks, modern design and new seat cover texture
- ProTaper handlebar: class-leading function and style
- Launch control: maximum traction for perfect starts
- High performance Brembo brakes: shorter stopping distance with greater control and confidence
2021 Husqvarna FS 450
| Engine type
||Single cylinder, 4-stroke
| Compression ratio
||Electric starter / Lithium Ion 12,8V 2Ah
| Fuel system
||Keihin EFI, throttle body 44mm
||4 V / SOHC with rocker levers
||Pressure lubrication with 2 oil pumps
| Gear ratios
||16:32 18:30 20:28 22:26 24:24 –
| Primary ratio
| Final drive
||Suter anti-hopping Magura hydraulics
| Ignition / Engine Management
||Central double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 steel
||Carbon-fiber reinforced polyamide
||Pro Taper, Aluminum Ø 28/22mm
| Front suspension
||WP Xact USD, Ø 48mm
| Rear suspension
||WP Xact Monoshock with linkage
| Suspension travel front/rear
| Front/rear brakes
||Disc brake Ø 310/220mm
| Front/rear rims
||3.5 x 16.5″; 5 x 17″ Alpina
| Front/rear tires
||125/600 R16.5; 165/630 R17
||5/8 x 1/4″
| Steering head angle
| Triple clamp offset
||1,475 ± 10mm / 58.1 ± 0.4 in.
| Ground clearance
||290mm / 11.4 in.
| Seat height
||890mm / 35 in.
| Tank capacity, approx.
||7 l / 1.85 gal
| Weight, without fuel, approx.
||102.8 kg / 226.6 lbs.
Meeting the highest quality standards, Husqvarna Motorcycles’ Functional Apparel collections ensure racers are fully prepared for their next ride. Additionally, a dedicated line of Technical Accessories allows riders to customize and further enhance the performance of the FS 450.
The 2021 FS 450 will be available at authorized Husqvarna Motorcycles dealers from this fall onward. For more information, visit www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com.