2020 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide
Harley has released a limited-production CVO Road Glide in the Touring family.
The mid-year CVO Road Glide has the Milwaukee-Eight 117 engine and includes H-D Connect (an app that allows owners to connect remotely to their motorcycle and view key vehicle-health information), Reflex Defensive Rider Systems, and a Boom! infotainment system that links with an included wireless headset. The CVO Road Glide joins the CVO Tri Glide, the CVO Limited, and the CVO Street Glide models in the 2020 collection from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations.
Here is more information from the press release issued by Harley-Davidson…
Milwaukee, WI (February 3, 2020) – The Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide motorcycle returns as a mid-year addition to the 2020 portfolio of limited-production, super-premium motorcycles from the Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations program. The CVO Road Glide offers the ultimate combination of premier style, thrilling performance, and ride-enhancing technology in a Touring motorcycle for customers who only settle for the best-of-the-best.
Since its inception in 1999, the Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations program has created exclusive motorcycle models for the most-discerning customers, often using finishes, materials, technology and accessories that are only available on a CVO model. The Milwaukee-Eight® 117 powertrain – the most displacement and power offered factory-installed in a Harley-Davidson motorcycle – is exclusive to CVO models.
2020 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide
The CVO Road Glide model is a high-performance Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycle equipped to offer the rider outstanding long-range comfort, commanding performance, and a suite of new rider-assist technologies. Base price for the 2020 CVO Road Glide model is $40,999*.
New Features of the 2020 CVO Road Glide:
- H-D Connect (see below)
- Reflex Defensive Rider Systems (see below)
- Heated Kahuna Collection hand grips match Kahuna shifter pegs, brake pedal cover, muffler end caps, heated grips and rider and passenger boards. The Kahuna Collection features mirror-like chrome surfaces surrounded by rich black rubber that provides grip and traction where needed. A red Bar & Shield logo completes the look on many Kahuna Collection components.
- Boom! Audio 30K Bluetooth Helmet Headset (see below).
- Low-profile two-piece fuel tank console with lighted CVO logo.
- A single-color choice: Premium Sand Dune monotone finish with pearl topcoat and subtle graphics highlighted by Smoked Satin Chrome, Gloss Black and Black Onyx finishes. Front and rear wheels are finished in Gloss Black/Smoked Satin. Heavy Breather air cleaner is finished in Gloss Black.
Key Features of the 2020 CVO Road Glide:
- The exclusive Knockout 21-inch front and 18-inch rear wheels feature a split seven-spoke design that provides an open and airy look, with the spokes blending into the rim to add visual diameter. This is the only 21-inch front wheel fitment offered on a Harley-Davidson Touring model. The front suspension is re-tuned for no compromise in handling and braking performance with this larger-diameter front wheel.
- The Fang Front Spoiler adds dramatic lower bodywork and a fresh custom styling feature exclusive to the CVO Road Glide. The bodywork has been designed and tested not to negatively affect Road Glide model aerodynamics.
- The Road Glide frame-mounted shark-nose fairing delivers world-class aerodynamics developed through wind tunnel testing to optimize rider comfort. Triple splitstream vents alter the air pressure behind the fairing to reduce head buffeting. The fairing holds dual Daymaker LED reflector headlamps that light a brilliant path down the darkest roads.
- Molded saddlebags feature One Touch latches and can be opened or closed with a single finger push or pull.
- A high-performance Screamin’ Eagle Heavy Breather intake improves air flow to the engine and adds bold hot-rod style.
- The built-in Wireless Headset Interface Module (WHIM) permits wireless Bluetooth headset connectivity to the Boom! Box GTS infotainment system.
New 2020 CVO Road Glide Technology:
H-D Connect introduces subscription-based cellular connectivity to select Harley-Davidson motorcycles to keep riders connected to their motorcycle through their smart phone using the latest version of the Harley-Davidson App. (See separate Technology release for full details. The H-D Connect service is not available in all markets. Market availability will vary.)
Reflex Defensive Rider Systems (RDRS)
RDRS is a new collection of technology designed to match motorcycle performance to available traction during acceleration, deceleration and braking, utilizing the latest chassis control, electronic brake control and powertrain technology. (See separate Technology release for full details.)
The CVO Road Glide is shipped with a single Boom! Audio 30K Bluetooth® helmet headset designed for cordless interface with the Boom! Box GTS infotainment system. This new headset features the latest wireless communication technology – Mesh Intercom Network. The protocol automatically connects to a near limitless number of riders while in public mode to eliminate lost group connections when someone goes out of range. The headset can connect with up to 16 riders in private mode up to five miles, and enables the same functions as a wired headset (CB, phone, navigation prompts, radio and audio, with voice commands) and fulfills the Apple Carplay microphone requirement for the Boom! Box GTS. A Quick Charge feature can provide up to five hours of additional talk time with a 20-minute charge.
Boom! Box GTS with Premium Boom! Audio
The CVO Road Glide model is equipped with a Boom! Box GTS infotainment system with four Boom! Stage II bi-amped speakers (paired in fairing and saddlebag lids), 150 watts per channel from two separate 300-watt amplifiers for 600 watts total power. The 6.5-inch color touchscreen is covered with durable Corning Gorilla Glass and offers low reflectivity with minimal sun washout for exceptional visibility in all situations. Additional features include advanced navigation, Apple CarPlay compatibility, personalization options, and integration with the Harley-Davidson App. The entire system can be managed through the touch screen, the motorcycle hand controls and by voice commands.
Exclusive Milwaukee-Eight 117 Power
The largest-displacement factory-installed engine available from Harley-Davidson, the Milwaukee-Eight 117 engine (117 CID; 1923cc) is rated at 125 ft. lbs. of torque.
- A high-performance camshaft is matched to displacement and air flow
- A high-performance intake flows more air into the engine
Harley-Davidson Special Edition Paint for Road Glide
Factory-installed Eagle Eye Yellow special-edition paint available for Road Glide Special model.
The new Eagle Eye Special Edition Paint Option is a custom-paint scheme only available as installed at the Harley-Davidson factory on the Road Glide Special model.
Factory installation offers the customer an attainable custom paint option that eliminates the need to either re-paint the original components or install an accessory paint set that leaves take-off painted parts on the shop floor. The Eagle Eye Special Edition paint option finish meets demanding Harley-Davidson standards for quality and durability, and is backed by the Harley-Davidson limited warranty.
The Eagle Eye paint option is executed on a brilliant yellow base color with a glossy clear coat finish. A design highlight is a black eagle graphic with spread wings that flows from the right side of the fuel tank to the right side of the fairing. A simple Bar & Shield logo is on the left side of the tank. Harley-Davidson script is aligned on the outside edge of each saddlebag lid, and the saddlebag latches are color-matched. The special edition paint is applied to the fairing, fuel tank, front and rear fenders, saddlebags and sidecovers.
2020 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide Specifications
||117 cu in (1923cc)
||4.075 in. (104mm)
||4.5 in. (114mm)
||6-Speed Cruise Drive®
||Gloss Black and Contrast Smoked Satin Knockout
||BW 130/60B21 M/C63H
||BW 180/55B18 M/C80H
||Premium Sand Dune