2020 Beta RR Race Editions
Beta Motorcycles took the wraps of its 2020 RR Race Edition off-road models, which the Italian company says are “all new” for the new model year. You have seven models to chose from–three two-strokes and four four-strokes, and they’ve all been significantly updated.
2020 Beta RR Race Edition Four-Stroke First Look
2020 Beta RR Race Edition Two-Stroke
Here is all of the detailed information straight from Beta:
Beta is proud to launch the 2020 RR race Edition models. These models are all new for 2020 and are sure to be a sellout model for the Italian brand.
The 2020 range includes 7 different engine sizes: three 2-stroke (125/250/300 cc) and four 4-stroke (350/390/430/480 cc) engines that offer Beta riders and racers a good selection to meet his or her needs.
Most all of the updates to the standard range of RR and RR-S models have found their way into the Race Edition line up. Features such as all new frames and bodywork, as well as new counter-balanced engines in the 2 strokes which are still pre-mix to save weight however an oil injection system is available as an option. Electric start is standard on all models with a back-up kick start kit available as an option.
The all-new 4 stroke engines feature simplified cooling hose routing and re-positioned crankshaft and clutch for better handling. In addition to the new engines, the sub-frame, tail section, seat, fuel tank, bodywork, and many other details are also all new coming together to provide the best looking and most friendly cockpit layout on the market.
If that were not enough, Beta has added the addition of a 48mm KYB AOS closed cartridge front fork. The new fork has been coupled with an updated Sachs rear shock to provide a balanced suspension package.
New features include:
4-stroke (350/390/430/480 cc):
- A complete redesign, with the aim of reducing the weight and bulk of moving parts, achieved by raising the clutch and moving the crankshaft back. Moving the center of gravity closer to the swingarm pivot makes for significantly better handling. An overall weight reduction of 2.2 lbs.
- A redesigned magnesium clutch cover,redeveloped to improve the oil flow into the clutch assembly more efficiently.
- Magnesium flywheel cover, redesigned in-line with the rest of the engine, now with a more functional and modern look.
- New water pump system that improves flow-rate and therefore the efficiency of the cooling system’s ability to transfer heat, keeping average temperatures lower, improving performance, and providing a more simplified cooling hose system.
- Cylinder and head redesigned matched with the updated cooling system to lower engine temperatures.
- Oil circuit redesigned to provide better heat transfer between oil and water in the front section of the crankcase in order to keep the oil temperature lower.
- Updated charging system that provides higher output.
- Clutch with redesigned discs in a new material to ensure smoother and more modular gear shifting.
- Redesigned gearing, now shorter and lighter.
- New gearshift mechanism with lighter cam to improve shifting.
- Gearshift lever redesigned in line with the new engine and frame layout.
- Updated EFI mapping.
- Machined aluminum oil fill plugs and oil filter cover
2-stroke (250/300 cc):
- Now with a counter-balancer to reduce vibration by increasing inertia and improving the power delivery curve. The counter-balancer improves the power delivery throughout the rpm range.
- Cylinder head redesigned (250 cc only) to improve torque at low rpm.
- Machined aluminum oil fill plug
- New expansion chamber, improved performance across the power range (125 cc only)
Chassis: (All Race Edition Models)
- All-New frame with redesigned geometry and rigidity for increased agility and stability. Weight is reduced and reliability boosted with the use of precision-cast components, while comfort is improved and vibration reduced thanks to new head bolts. The frame is also narrower at the base which improves handling over difficult sections and typical off-road tracks.
- Modified swingarm, now longer for the 4-stroke range for better stability and traction.
- Completely redesigned tailpiece, greater strength to reduce breakage during off road riding, all filter box components and related accessories are now housed inside it (electrical components and oil reservoir for 2-strokes).
- New air filter boot.
- Air Filter mounting system, providing quicker and more accurate installation.
- KYB 48mm AOS Closed Cartridge front fork, Beta engineers working with KYB to provide a balanced feel to the bike during racing or play riding.
- New rear shock absorber with:
- New top-out system, now a spring to improve grip and contact with the ground during hard braking.
- New longer shock bumper with more progressive compression. This ensures good protection of the buffer and improves bottoming resistance.
- New valving, to work in-line with the new frame.
- Cooling system with water hoses placed inside the frame and more efficient radiators. This improves heat transfer and allows engines to operate at lower temperatures even in the most extreme conditions.
- Larger capacity fuel tanks, of 2.4 US gallons for 4-strokes and 2.55 US gallons for 2-strokes. Besides providing greater range, the new fuel tanks improve ergonomics and ease-of-movement in the seat.
- Wider handlebars for greater control.
- Exhaust with new layout in line with the bike’s new rear section.
- Side stand with bigger foot pad.
- New machined aluminum footpegs that are extra wide.
- New chain guide, longer to suit new swingarm.
- New brake pedal, more robust and with larger bearings.
- Shorter 430/480 cc gearing compared to previous models.
- Metzeler Six Days tires, offering better traction and durability.
- Machined aluminum rear chain adjuster blocks.
- Dual material rear sprocket, lightweight aluminum center with steel teeth for durability.
- Special Racing graphics and seat cover with a pouch
- Front axle pull for quick wheel removal
- Moto-Style hand guards
- Completely new superstructure (front cowl, front and rear fenders, ducts and fairings) that improves ergonomics and the operation of all related parts retaining the Italian design Beta is known for.
- Front fender with variable thickness geometry which reduces weight and increases rigidity.
- New tailpiece in techno-polymer.
- New tailpiece attachments in techno-polymer.
- New handlebar protector.
- Redesigned seat, more comfortable when moving about on the bike.
- New silencer protector (excluding 125 cc).
- New digital instruments and instrument panel.
- New location for MAP switch
- Redesigned skid plate.
- New rear light and license plate bracket with integrated grab handles.
- New frame protectors.
Also new for 2020 is the ability for customers to order any RR or RR-S model straight from the factory with a 2″ lower seat height over the stock models. These “lowboy” models add an additional $599.00 to the MSRP and have parts installed inside the front fork and rear shock to lower the seat height.
Beta USA’s popular BYOB (Build Your Own Beta) program will continue for 2020. This program allows riders to custom build his or her new Beta to fit their special needs by allowing the addition of more than 400 accessories to their bike. Race Editions will be available to order through the BYOB program in December.
125 RR Race: $8399.00
250 RR Race $9099.00
300 RR Race $9499.00
350 RR Race $10,499.00
390 RR Race $10,599.00
430 RR Race $10,699.00
480 RR Race $10,799.00