BMW Releases C evolution Scooter for U.S.
Four years after being released in Europe, the U.S. market will finally get the BMW C evolution electric scooter for 2018.
The C evolution will reach 0-31 miles per hour in 2.8 seconds and has a riding range of 99 miles, with standard ABS, torque control assist, and reverse assist with four riding modes—Road, Eco Pro, Dynamic, and Sail.
That should make the C evolution an attractive proposition for inner city commuters—ride to work, charge over the day and ride home for an MSRP of $13,750.
We’ll be looking forward to testing this new-for-U.S. BMW soon in Cycle News.
An overview of the BMW C evolution scooter below:
- Innovative electric drive via drivetrain swing arm with liquid-cooled e‑motor, tooth belt, and planetary gear.
- Significantly increased range due to enlarged battery cell capacity of 94 Ah (previously 60 Ah).
- Long Range version: 19 kW (26 hp) continuous output and 35 kW (48 hp) peak output. Top speed of 80mph, range approx. 99 miles.
- Intelligent recuperation in coasting mode and when braking.
- Standard charge cable with a smaller diameter.
- Short charging times possible.
- Synergy effects with BMW automobiles and electrical safety according to car standards.
- Hybrid chassis with agile handling due to a low center of gravity.
- Powerful braking system with ABS.
- Extensive range of standard features including multifunctional TFT instrument cluster, LED daytime running light, LED turn indicators, several riding modes, reverse assist and Torque Control Assist (TCA).
- New paint finishes Ionic Silver metallic / Electric Green.
- High-end details such as tinted windshield and color seat seams.
- MSRP $13,750