2020 KTM SX-E 5 First Look
2020 KTM SX-E 5 First Look-KTM has bucked the 2-stroke trend for its smallest competition model and will bring this new all-electric motocrosser to the mini motocross crowd in 2020.
2020 KTM SX-E 5 First Look
The new KTM SX-E 5 will be a zero emissions, quiet and reduced maintenance machine for parents of mini bike kids. But should enjoy the same high-performance suspension, chassis, brakes and other components the Austrian 50cc race bikes have been known for. Also, the bike should be more future proof for growing groms with adjustable seat height.
Most kids we know can burn gas at incredible rates, so having an electric options certainly could save some maintenance and other troubles. But how long can it rip? KTM claims a couple hours of riding time at trail pace and enough power for a 25 minute moto at race pace on the track. Time will tell if that’s enough range. The bike utilizes an external battery charger that should have the bike’s electron tank filled up in approximately one hour.
2020 KTM SX-E 5 Highlights
- State-of-the-art electric motor with 5 kW peak performance, featuring an extremely compact and slim design that is well suited to the smaller chassis.
- Due to its dust and waterproof layout, the air-cooled motor is wear- and maintenance-free.
- Fitted with 84 modern Lithium-Ion cells in a robust die-cast aluminum casing mounted just above the motor, the battery offers enough stored energy for more than two hours of riding for a beginner and 25 minutes for the fastest riders, depending on riding conditions.
- Adjustable seat height can be set at the standard 698 mm (completely rebounded) or it can be easily reduced in two steps to 653 mm. A Suspension Lowering Kit from the accessories line can further lower the seat height to just 556 mm.
- Easy-to-use multifunctional instrument panel allows selection between 6 different ride modes to tailor the power characteristics to any ability level.
- Quick-charging external worldwide charger supplying up to 900 W can be connected to any 110- or 230-Volt socket and plugs directly into the battery back.
- A lanyard attached between the rider’s wrist and the kill switch stops the motor when removed, or in the event of an unexpected fall by the rider.
- Ride modes can be saved by a dongle mounted under the seat to prevent young riders from changing the selected mode.
- WP XACT 35 air-sprung fork is ultra-lightweight and easily adjustable for different rider sizes and track conditions.
The KTM SX-E 5 should be available in North American dealerships in the fall of 2019.
For more KTM news and reviews, click here