Lightweight, versatile helmet offers multiple configurations for on and off-road touring and adventuring riding
This is a press release from AGV…
Costa Mesa, CA (December 12, 2018) – AGV launches the stunning new AX9 helmet across North America. With lightweight construction, four different configurations, improved ventilation, 190 degrees of horizontal vision and 110 degrees of vertical vision, the AX9 is the most versatile helmet available for riders who want to be ready for any adventure and long rides that take them through various on- and off-road conditions.
Together with the SportModular helmet, the AX9 completes AGV’s touring range. The AX9 is designed for long trips, offering top-of-the-line comfort with its premium-quality interior and advanced ventilation system. With its lightweight fiber composite shell, built with Carbon + Aramid + Fiberglass, the AX9 weighs in at just 3.5 pounds (1,605 grams +\- 50g depending on shell size and accessories added), making it one of the lightest helmets in its segment while also meeting AGV’s highest safety standards.
Offering configurations with or without a super panoramic visor, with or without the adjustable peak – or a combination of visor and peak – the AX9 is designed to perform in any riding scenario and offer customization during a ride to meet specific needs.
The AX9 also reaches new standards in aerodynamics and ventilation, with new extractors and the adjustable chin guard port that directs internal air flow to where the rider desires. All AX9 vents are adjustable. Premium interior padding offers extreme comfort, with moisture-wicking cheek pads and top liner, and a water-resistant neckroll that prevents water from channeling inside the helmet.
“We’re extremely proud of how far innovation has come with the AX9’s interchangeable features, comfort and safety,” said Roberto Sadowsky, Executive Vice President, Dainese & AGV North America. “With the combination of the SportModular and AX9, AGV now offers two flagship, game-changing helmets that meet different needs for touring and adventure enthusiasts.”
AX9 Technical Features:
- Carbon+Aramidic+Fiberglass Shell
- Ultra-wide anti-scratch visor with 100% Max Vision Pinlock® anti-fog technology
- Cheekpads: Ritmo fabric with antibacterial protection, moisture-wicking and premium skin-comfort treatments
- Crown pad: Shalimar with antibacterial protection, moisture-wicking with premium skin-comfort treatments
- Five vents: adjustable chin vent, two brow inlets and two extractors
- Neck roll: Shalimar and Nubuck fabric with water resistant treatment
- Adjustable peak designed to limit sail effect and enhance stability at high speed
- Dual purpose: the visor can be removed and the helmet used with an off-road goggle, and the peak can be removed for a naked configuration
- Visor micro-opening system to boost air blow
- Fit especially designed to allow wearing glasses
- Ready for generic communication systems
- Removable and washable interiors
- Tools-free removable chin vent guard
- Double D Strap
The AX9 is available in seven different designs and starts at $499.
Link to purchase: https://www.agv.com/us/en/full-face/ax9/.
For more information, visit www.agv.com