MIC Expands Gas Tank Program for 2018
Connects Aspiring Entrepreneurs with Industry Mentors.
Irvine, CA (September 21, 2017) – Back by popular demand, the Motorcycle Industry Council’s exciting “Gas Tank” program is returning in 2018. Gas Tank is similar to TV’s “Shark Tank,” where aspiring entrepreneur-contestants present business plans for exciting new products and services to a panel of industry leaders, however, MIC’s Gas Tank is specific to the powersports industry. It provides a platform to showcase creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship, and provides contestants a unique opportunity to work one-on-one with established industry mentors. Five finalists will be selected for a chance to pitch their business plans live in front of influential industry leaders at AIMExpo 2018.
For the past two years, Gas Tank has provided contestants with extremely helpful industry insight, visibility, valuable business plan feedback and key industry connections. However, until now, Gas Tank was only available to PowerLily members. Because of its significant influence and impact, the Gas Tank participants suggested the program be more inclusive and support the entire industry. The MIC Aftermarket Committee, who funds this program, agreed.
“The opportunity to showcase the fresh thinking and unique talent of entrepreneurs who are passionate about powersports is proof of our commitment to the industry and to innovation,” said Arnie Ackerman, chair of the Aftermarket Committee and MIC Board Director. “We are excited to see this program continue through 2018.”
Powersports entrepreneurs with great ideas for new products and services can get help from the MIC Gas Tank program, where they will be matched with an industry mentor to hone and prepare a business presentation which will be presented to a panel of judges and influential leaders in the powersports industry at AIMExpo 2018. Finalists will also have an opportunity to exhibit their business or product at AIMExpo 2018. Applications to participate in the program will be available at mic.org. The deadline for completed applications is February 28, 2018.
Key Points and Milestones:
- MIC Gas Tank is open to all professionals who work in the powersports industry. Men and women. All ages. All levels of experience.
- Gas Tank is open to both individuals and group entrants.
- Applications including an “elevator pitch” video must be received by February 28, 2018.
- Mentors are matched with accepted participants and begin mentoring in March
- Business Plans are due by July 20, 2018.
- Finalists will be selected by August 10, 2018.
- Finalists must be able to appear in-person October 11-14, 2018 in Las Vegas to present their business plans.
- Business plans and presentations will be evaluated based on set of agreed-upon metrics.
- Finalist prize package includes booth space at AIMExpo 2018, travel and lodging expenses to attend AIMExpo and access to powersports executives, influencers and media for one person.
Visit mic.org for more information.