Photos from our first ride of Yamaha’s new FZ-09.
- Yamaha got down to the basics when designing the FZ-09. It’s all about the fun.
- The new FZ-09 is pretty much everything Yamaha touted it would be, and that’s fast, torquey and fun. It’s a great in-town and out-of-town ride.
- The FZ-09, with its new inline three-cylinder motor, is faster, lighter and much better sounding than the FZ8 it replaces. It’s also nearly $1000 cheaper.
- It’s almost hard not to keep the FZ-09’s front wheel on the ground.
- Compared to other triples in its class, the FZ-09 is a steal at $7990.
- As fun as the FZ-09 is on the back roads and on urban streets, the FZ-09 performs well as an everyday commuter.