The following release is from Dorna: MotoGP rights holders Dorna Sports S.L. have made a proposal to the FIM for the inclusion of a Hungarian Grand Prix event on the 2009 World Championship calendar. An announcement of the construction of the Balatonring circuit in the Eastern European country – and its inclusion as one of next year´s tracks – was made at the Kempinski Hotel Corvinus in Budapest on Wednesday morning. In attendance were Dorna Sports CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta, Hungarian Minister for National Development and Economy Gordon Bajnai, Dr. Ivan Rona from Magyar Turizmus Zrt. and Sedesa Construction President Vicente Cotino, alongside Hungary´s 125cc World Champion Gabor Talmacsi and his team manager Jorge Martinez Aspar (in his capacity as President of WCM). Magyar Turizmus Zrt. has formed a subsidiary under 100% ownership for promoting any possible MotoGP races in the new Hungarian circuit. The racetrack itself will be operated by a company, named Balatonring Zrt., 30% of which is controlled by Magyar Turizmus Zrt. and the remaining 70% by Worldwide Circuit Management S.L. (WCM) of Spain. The track will be built by Sedesa. MotoGP has a strong fanbase in Hungary, further increased by the success of Talmacsi in the 2007 season. Thousands of Hungarians watch World Championship races in person during the course of the season, with Grand Prix events held at Brno in the Czech Republic the most highly attended due to its close proximity to Hungary. Last year it is estimated that 40,000 Hungarians attended that event.