Blue Springs Screamin’ Eagle’s Jared Mees won tonight’s Lima Half Mile at the Allen County Fairgrounds in Ohio, the Michiganite topping Harley-Davidson’s Kenny Coolbeth by 4.4 seconds.
Third place in tonight’s 25-lap main event went to Moroney’s Harley-Davidson’s Bryan Smith, who started the night off with the fastest qualifying lap, with KK/Las Vegas Harley-Davidson’s Geo Roeder and American Suzuki’s J.R. Schabel rounding out the top five.
With his second win in a row, Mees leads the championship point standings after three rounds, 62-57. American Suzuki’s Jake Johnson, eighth tonight, is third with 40 points.
1. Jared Mees (Harley-Davidson)
2. Kenny Coolbeth (Harley-Davidson)
3. Bryan Smith (Harley-Davidson)
4. Geo Roeder Jr. (Harley-Davidson)
5. J.R. Schnabel (Suzuki)
6. Kevin Varnes (Harley-Davidson)
7. Joe Kopp (Harley-Davidson)
8. Jake Johnson (Suzuki)
9. Johnny Murphree (Harley-Davidson)
10. Ricky Marshall (Harley-Davidson)