Half Moon Bay’s Festival of Magnificent Machines Scheduled for April 28, 2019
This is a press release from Pacific Coast Dream Machines Show…
Photos by Bradley Wittke
Half Moon Bay, CA (January 29, 2019) – There are car shows, air shows, motorcycle shows, tractor shows, maker fairs, music festivals, food festivals, and living history festivals galore. Mix them all together in one venue on one day and you’ve got Half Moon Bay California’s remarkable, one and only Pacific Coast Dream Machines Show– marking its 29th year in 2019 with a massive celebration of mechanical ingenuity, power and style.
It’s quite simply the “Coolest Show on Earth.” This year’s spectacular 29th annual show will be held on Sunday, April 28, a one-day mega-show, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Half Moon Bay Airport, located in the picturesque seaside town of Half Moon Bay, CA about 20 miles south of San Francisco.
The show is a whimsical, fascinating, amusing, curious and absolutely unique show and tell spectacle featuring 2,000 magnificent driving, flying and working machines from the 20th and 21st centuries. The world’s coolest cars of every era and style, model-T fire engines, vintage buses, custom motorcycles, tricked-out trucks, sleek streamliners, one-of-a-kind antique engines and tractors and historic military aircraft will be among the mesmerizing displays.
Headline attractions scheduled to appear:
- The West Coast’s biggest, baddest gathering of the world’s coolest cars, trucks, motorcycles, aircraft and mechanical marvels.
- Bob Senz’ Big Cacklefest – a mass-synchronized firing-up of the engines.
- Spectacular skydiving performances with military-style jumps by the experts at Precision Skydiving.
- High-flying freestyle motocross stunt shows with exciting Quad Wars wheel-to-wheel racing.
- Inspiring flyovers by some of our nation’s most storied military aircraft.
- Magnificent military aircraft, including a DC-3, P-51 Mustangs, YAK Russian fighters and an impressive array of L-39, T-6 and T-28 military fighters and trainers.
- U.S. Coast Guard Dolphin rescue helicopter and C-27 fixed-wing aircraft.
- Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca’s special vintage Top Fuel dragster exhibit that will cackle on nitromethane.
- Super sleek speed machines and streamliners in “World Record Wonderland”.
- Baylands Quarter Midget Racing Association’s special exhibit of competition-ready mini race cars
- A special display and parade of vintage police cars.
- An array of nostalgia dragsters to honor the former Half Moon Bay Drag Strip.
- “Mustang Madness,” a spectacular display of America’s Premier World War II Fighter.
- Ultra thrilling rides in helicopters, vintage bi-planes, a DC-3 plus heart-pounding monster truck rides.
- Refurbished fly-wheel engines from the Early Days Gas Engine & Tractor Association and meticulously restored logging equipment and artifacts from Willits CA-based Roots of Motive Power.
- Uniquely wild and crazy, side-by-side, single-wheel unimotorcycle drag racing.
- The super cool What’s Up Photo Booth trailer, complete with a fully functional smoke stack and custom designed interior, “Dolores” takes professional quality photos that are printed instantly. Digital photos are also available.
- Thrilling bungee jump, waterballerz, rock climbing wall, a giant 22’ climb and slide obstacle course and inflatable arena, face painting, body art, glitter tattoos and tons of awesome amusements in the Super Duper Kidz Funzone.
- Fabulous food and drink with Bloody Mary’s and Coastal Cosmos from Half Moon Bay Distillery, Classic Motorhead Ale and
- Kolsch from Half Moon Bay Brewing Company, tasty varietals from Barterra Winery and craft cocktails from Longboard Margarita Bar.
- Stellar live music all day.
- Half Moon Bay Pilots Association Saturday Hangar Dinner at the Andreini Family Hangar (April 27, 5:30 pm) at Half Moon Bay Airport. Tickets are $30 per person, available at the door.
Among the special attractions this year are Bob Senz’ Big Cacklefest (to honor the show founder) – a mass-synchronized firing-up of the engines of all the magnificent machines on display (10 a.m.,12 p.m., 2 p.m.), spine-tingling vintage warbird flyovers (11am and 1pm), spectacular skydiving performances with military-style jumps by the experts at Precision Skydiving, electrifying four-rider freestyle-motocross stunt shows with exciting Quad Wars wheel-to-wheel racing, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca’s special vintage Top Fuel dragster exhibit that will cackle on nitromethane, Baylands Quarter Midget Racing Association’s special exhibit of competition-ready mini race cars, side-by-side unimotorcycle drag racing, monster-truck rides, helicopter and plane rides, plus refurbished fly-wheel engines from the Early Days Gas Engine & Tractor Association, and meticulously restored logging equipment and artifacts from Willits CA-based Roots of Motive Power.
ADMISSION: Spectator admission is $25 in advance ($30 at the gate) for adults (age 18-64), $15 in advance ($20 at the gate) for ages 11-17 and 65+, Free for kids age 10 and under (with paying adult). Parking at the event is included in the admission price.
REGISTRATION FEE: $40 per machine ($50 for entries postmarked after April 15) and includes a dash plaque and admission for two people.
WHEN: Sunday, April 28, 2019. Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
WHERE: Half Moon Bay Airport, 9850 N. Cabrillo Highway, Half Moon Bay CA 94019 – located on Highway 1, about 20 miles south of San Francisco and 5 miles north of Highway 92.
WEBSITE: Purchase tickets or register your vehicle online at http://www.miramarevents.com/dreammachines http://www.miramarevents.com/dreammachines