Photos from Cycle News archives of MotoGP racing.
- Barry Sheene gets his first 500cc win at Assen, besting Giacomo Agostini in a close one.
- Pulled from the Cycle News Archives - Australian Mick Doohan (3) leads Jon Kocinski (19), Wayne Gardner (5) and Juan Garriga (6) early in the first-ever 500cc Grand Prix of Malaysia. Photography by Patrick Gosling
- A brush fire on hill brought out a red flag in the first race.
- The King's first crown - the final Grand Prix at the Nurburgring in 1978.
- Three-time World Champion Kenny Roberts poses for a photo with his children at Laguna Seca, circa 1981. (Left to right) Kristy, Kurtis, Kenny and Kenny Jr. Photography By: Tod Rafferty
- Freddie Spencer cover.
- Freddie Spencer (19) leads Kenny Roberts (2) out of turn nine at Laguna Seca in 1982. Spencer ended up winning the first race, but Roberts took the overall win.