A look back at Cycle New’s AMA Superbike photo archives.
- Back in the days of Camel money in AMA road racing and flat track, these guys made their fair share of cash. In fact, Bubba Shobert made so much he can't bear to watch. (From left to right) Chris Carr, Kevin Schwantz, Shobert, Doug Chandler, Scott Parker and Wayne Rainey. Photography By: Bert Shepard
- Vance & Hines Yamaha's Thomas Stevens leads eventual winner Scott Russell (22), Miguel Duhamel (97), Jamie James (2), Rich Arnaiz (2) and Tom Kipp in the AMA Superbike race at Charlotte Motor Speedway in 1991.
- Duhamel leads James and Stevens through a makeshift chicane at Charlotte.
- Freddie Spencer crashed out of the race on the fourth lap after losing the front. "Short day, huh?" Spencer said after picking himself up off the grass
- Commonwealth Honda's Miguel Duhamel, Two Brothers Racing's Steve Crevier and Atlantic Motorsports' Tom Kipp pass a lapped rider in the 600cc Supersport final. Duhamel won the race, beating Kipp by .373 of a second.
- Duhamel (17) led a Honda CBR600 F2 sweep of the top five spots in the Supersport final.
- Doug Polen turned in the fastest lap of the Superbike final en route to finshing third. The Texan was "vacationing" in the AMA Series while on a break from leading the World Superbike Championship on his Fast By Ferracci Ducati.
- Jimmy Filice (65) leads Nick Ienatsch (24) and Rick Kirk (39) in the 250cc Grand Prix final. The race was ultimately won by Chris D'Aluisio.
- Kiyo Watanabe won the Pro Twins GP2 class victory on his Cycle King-sponsored Honda.