Photos of the newly unveiled 2014 Yamaha YZ450F.
- Where’s the fuel cap? It’s hidden under the front section of the seat. Off-roaders won’t like the harder access but at least fuel capacity has been increased from 1.6 gallons to 2.0 gallons. The distance between the radiators has been reduced by 14mm, which should give the YZ450F a much slimmer feel, something the old YZ450F was definitely lacking.
- Access to the airbox is now easier – less steps, less tools, less work.
- The new YZ450F gets the same frame as the new YZ250F. Both frames use the same dimensions as the 2013 YZ250F frame.
- The new exhaust pipe wraps around the front of the cylinder, resulting with the tip of the muffler being 7.5 inches closer to the center of the bike. Better mass centralization means better handling.
- Without the previous “tornado” exhaust, the shock’s reservoir is now mounted vertically instead of horizontally.
- Both the 2014 YZs will also be offered in white with red.
- For the first time since 2010, the Yamaha YZ450F gets a major overhaul.