Photos of the newly released Yamaha Yamaha FZ-09.
- Some might be disappointed that the FZ-09 is not fitted with a slipper clutch or offered with ABS braking. But the flip side is lower cost and less weight. At 414 pounds, it’s about 50 pounds lighter than the previous FZ8.
- The back of the back is finished off with an LED tail light unit.
- The FZ8 has been replaced by a more powerful, torquier, lighter and cheaper FZ-09.
- The all-new FZ-09 features Yamaha’s new Crossplane Crankshaft Concept 3-Cylinder Engine technology.
- The motor also has some features from Yamaha that we’re already familiar with, such as YCC-T ride-by-wire throttle and D-Mode variable throttle mapping. There’s a six-speed transmission in between those compact engine cases.
- Two colors will be offered – Rapid Red and Liquid Graphite.
- Instrumentation is compact and modern looking.
- D-Mode gives you three throttle-mapping settings to chose from.
- The new FZ-09 triple has all of the ingredients to be a very fun yet practical street bike.
- There’s a lot of motorcycle here for just $7990. At that price, we can easily forgive Yamaha for leaving off ABS and a slipper clutch.