WORCS round four is a destination location if there ever was one. In addition to attending the Sand Hollow, Utah WORCS weekend on April 19-21, here are the top 10 things to do when here. There is a reason, Mike Farmer, The FASST Company and WORCS call Southern Utah home.
1. Visit Zion National Park the most visited park in America. Go there and see what it is all about, Weeping rock and Emerald Pools. Angles Landing is an incredible hike inside the park. The surrounding town of Springdale, Ut is full of art and boutique shops. http://www.nps.gov/zion/index.htm
2. Get there a couple of days early and go riding in the Sand Hollow Sand Dune are Warner Valley OHV area. Rent a unit or bring your own. Leave from the campground. Rentals are available at Souther Utah Adventure Center http://www.southernutahadventurecenter.com/
3. Stop by Dinosaur tracks and walk in the footprints of ancient dinasaours. It is is just a short ride from the campground.
4. Visit the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. It makes the South rim pale in comparison.
5. Visit Kolob National Park. Only 45 minutes away. http://www.zionnational-park.com/kolob-canyons.htm
6. Bring a fishing pole and do great bass fishing right outside your camper door. License available locally.
7. Visit historic downtown St. George, Ut. great arts, antiques and family fun.
8. Ride or hike two of the top ten mountain bike trails in America right here in Hurricane, Ut. Rentals are available here as well at Over The Edge Sports http://otesports.com/locations/hurricane/
9. Brian Head Ski Resort is 1 hour North with awesome mountain biking.
10.Just relax and enjoy clean air and everything outdoors. Here is a link to the Sand Hollow State Park to get more local info. http://www.stateparks.utah.gov/parks/sand-hollow
Here’s a video previewing round four…
For more information on round 4 of the 2013 WORCS season visit: www.WORCSracing.com