Las Vegas, NV (May 3, 2014) – Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki’s Justin Hill claimed a wire-to-wire win in the Dave Coombs Sr. East/West Shootout, beating out teammate Dean Wilson.
Hill grabbed the holeshot and led the field through in the opening lap with GEICO Honda’s Matt Bisceglia close behind. Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki’s Dean Wilson got off to a bad start and moved through the pack on the opening lap, passing Bisceglia for second place before the finish line.
For the rest of the race, Wilson followed Hill in hopes of getting close enough to make a pass, however, the opportunity never presented itself and at the end of 15 laps of race, Hill took the win by 1.476 seconds over Wilson.
Troy Lee Designs/Honda’s Malcolm Stewart ran in third position early in the race, but crashed out on lap four, allowing Jason Anderson to moved into the final podium spot, where he stayed until the finish.
Star Racing Yamaha’s Cooper Webb finished fourth, with Jeremy Martin finishing fifth after winning the East Reagional 250 SX race earlier in the evening.
Dave Coombs Sr. 250SX East/West Shootout
1. Justin Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Kawasaki
2. Dean Wilson, Wesley Chapel, Fla., Kawasaki
3. Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.M., KTM
4. Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., Yamaha
5. Jeremy Martin, Millville, Minn., Yamaha
6. Cole Seely, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Honda
7. Jake Canada, Sun City, Calif., Honda
8. Kyle Cunningham, Aledo, Texas, Honda
9. Shane Mcelrath, Chesterfield, S.C., Honda
10. Jessy Nelson, Paso Robles, Calif., Honda