The Mushashi RT Harc-Pro Honda team ended up second fastest on day one at Suzuka after leading the morning session.
As expected, the Japanese factory teams dominated the opening day of practice for the Suzuka 8 Hours with the FCC TSR Honda team of Jonathan Rea, Kosuke Akiyoshi and Lorenzo Zanetti leading the way today with a best lap of 2:08.215 to best the Musashi RT Harc-Pro Honda team by .120 of a second.
The top Yamaha team ended the day in third with Katsuyuki Nakasuga, Broc Parkes and Josh Brookes ending up a tick over a second off the leader’s pace with a 2:09.306. Suzuki-mounted Team Kagayama ended up fourth fastest with Yukio Kagayama riding alongside Noriyuki Haga and Swiss rider Dominque Aegerter.
The Yoshimura Suzuki Shell Advance team of Randy DePuniet, Josh Waters and Takuya Tsuda ended the day seventh with the Legend of Yoshimura Suzuki Shell Advance team of Kevin Schwantz, Satoshi Tsujimoto and Nobuatsu Aoki ended day one in 10th.
Free Practice 2
- 1.F.C.C. TSR Honda (Honda) 2:08.215
- Musashi RT Harc-Pro (Honda) 2:08.335
- Monster Energy Yamaha with YSP (Yamaha) 2:09.306
- Team Kagayama (Suzuki) 2:09.638
- Honda Endurance Racing (Honda) 2:09.695
- Team Green (Kawasaki) 2:09.718
- Yoshimura Suzuki Shell Advance (Suzuki) 2:09.721
- Toho Racing with Moriwaki (Honda) 2:10.213
- Honda Suzuka Racing Team (Honda) 2:10.10.294
- Legend of Yoshimura Suzuk Shell Advance (Suzuki) 2:10.625