Yamaha Motor Italia’s Nori Haga will start this afternoon’s Superpole session at Magny-Cours, France last on the strength of his Friday qualifying time.
Saturday’s session was held under sunny skies on a damp, but drying track. But low temperatures prevented the surface from drying completely and the riders couldn’t approach their Friday times.
Haga kept the fast time over Ducati Xerox’s Troy Bayliss, Hannspree Ten Kate Honda’s Carlos Checa, and Suzuki Alstare’s Fonsi Nieto.
1. Nori Haga (Yamaha) 1:41.012
2. Troy Bayliss (Ducati) 1:41.020
3. Carlos Checa (Honda) 1:41.130
4. Fonsi Nieto (Suzuki)1:41.513
5. Troy Corser (Yamaha) 1:41.515
6. Roby Rolfo (Honda) 1:41.681
7. Lorenzo Lanzi (Ducati) 1:41.783
8. Ruben Xaus (Ducati) 1:41.885
9. Yukio Kagayama (Suzuki) 1:41.892
10. Max Neukirchner (Suzuki) 1:41.900