Rockstar Makita Suzuki's Tommy Hayden didn't go any faster this afternoon than he did this morning at Barber Motorsports Park in the first of two days of AMA testing. But nobody else did either.So that gave Hayden the quickest Superbike time in both sessions - a 1:25.47 this morning and a 1:25.982 this afternoon.Pat Clark Motorsports' Ben Bostrom jumped to second fastest in the afternoon session with his 1:26.524, besting National Guard Suzuki's Jake Zemke and the second fastest rider from this morning's session, Josh Hayes.Larry Pegram dropped a spot this afternoon with Blake Young jumping up a few sports to sixth behind the Ducati rider. Michael Jordan Motorsports' Brett McCormick improved to seventh with Aussie tryout rider Josh Waters eighth and Eric Bostrom ninth in his return to action.Superbike Session 2 Times
1. Tommy Hayden (Suzuki) 1:25.982
2. Ben Bostrom (Yamaha) 1:26.524
3. Jake Zemke (Suzuki) 1:26.563
4. Josh Hayes (Yamaha) 1:26.790
5. Larry Pegram (Ducati) 1:27.032
6. Blake Young (Suzuki) 1:27.225
7. Brett McCormick (Suzuki) 1:27.360
8. Josh Waters (Suzuki) 1:27.519
9. Eric Bostrom (Suzuki) 1:27.823
10. Chris Clark (Yamaha) 1:28.018The following is from AMA Pro Racing...TOMMY HAYDEN (No. 22 Rockstar Makita Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000)
Fastest American SuperBike in both sessions - Morning Session, 1:25.474 - Afternoon Session, 1:25.982
• (On his win last week and fast time today) "I think it's a combination of things. Starting at the last race, we made some improvements that carried into today. It's greasy out there, not real enjoyable. It's warmer than we're used to around here."JOSH HERRIN (No. 8 Team Graves Yamaha YZF-R6)
Fastest Daytona SportBike in both sessions - Morning Session, 1:28.094 - Afternoon Session, 1:28.284
• "We've been testing tires today, I went race pace for 32 laps straight. That was wearing me out. This heat isn't too bad for me though."
• (On last season's success and his success so far this season) "I've carried it over. I'm keeping my confidence up. I'm trusting the bike more and getting comfortable on it. With every year of experience, you get better and better. "
• "We're testing setup in general. Going into the next race, we keep the setup the same, go off what we had done in testing. I've already gone through like 10 sets of tires."ERIC BOSTROM (No. 32 Team Cycle World Attack Performance Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000)
Morning Session, 1:27.896 - Afternoon Session, 1:27.823
• "Being back on a motorcycle is the best feeling on Earth. It's been over two years since I've been at Barber. Since 2008, so about 26 months. Everything is going really good. It's tough being thrown into the lion's den, but we're taking it a day at a time. This is a team sport you know, it takes a good team, a good bike, a good setup and then obviously the rider has to come out and do his job. We've got a lot of hurdles to clear. Everyone is riding really well."JOSH WATERS (Rockstar Makita Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000)
Morning Session, 1:27.812 - Afternoon Session, 1:27.519
• "This is my first time riding in the US. It's a little hard, I'm still jetlagged. I raced last weekend and only slept two hours last night. The team is great, they're really helpful. Hopefully I get a good night's sleep tonight."
• "The bikes are quite similar. This bike has more modifications, better electronics. The tanks are different, and the handlebars, so I'm getting used to it. I'm working on making the bike more comfortable."
• "Where I live the humidity isn't bad but it gets really hot, up to 45 or 49 (degrees Celsius) in the summer. I raced at Darwin earlier this season in conditions similar to this."DANNY ESLICK (No. 1 GEICO Powersports RMR Suzuki GSX-R600)
Morning Session, no times - Afternoon Session, 1:29.186
• "I've been super busy. I didn't get home from Wisconsin until 9:00 p.m. last night, and then I was up this morning at 5:30 a.m., back on a plane. We played it relaxed this morning but we've got the hammer down this afternoon."
• "I was here for the WERA weekend earlier this year so I've got a few laps in. It's a little greasy out there today, I about busted my tail one time real good. We're working on some tire stuff but we're doing a lot of work with the Ohlins, trying to get a good setup."