Miserable weather conditions at the Marco Simoncelli World Circuit in Misano, Italy ruined both practice sessions today with very few of the top stars even taking to the track as Cardion AB Motoracing's Karel Abraham ended the day on top.
Abraham lapped at a best of 1:42.030 - a bit over a second faster than Danilo Petrucci's best lap in the morning session. Abraham was followed by Paul Bird Motorsport's James Ellison and San Carlo Honda Gresini's Michele Pirro.
The only factory riders to brave the conditions in the afternoon session were Repsol Honda's Jonathan Rea and Yamaha's Ben Spies, the pair ending up fifth and eight, respectively. Only 11 riders tried the tricky surface in the afternoon with just eight turning times within 107 percent of Abraham's best. Just nine taking to the track in the morning.
Nicky Hayden and Spies were the lone factory men to lap in the morning session, though Hayden opted out in the afternoon.
1. Karel Abraham (Ducati) 1:42.030
2. James Ellison (ART) 1:43.204
3. Michele Pirro (FTR) 1:44.299
4. Yonny Hernandez (BQR) 1:44.565
5. Jonathan Rea (Honda) 1:44.999
6. Danilo Petrucci (Ioda-Suter) 1:45.048
7. David Salom (BQR) 1:46.351)
8. Ben Spies (Yamaha) 1:46.471