World Enduro Super Series Announced
The World Enduro Super Series (WESS) has been announced. This new series will combine various competitive off-road (enduro) race formats into a single series. The eight events selected for the inaugural 2018 series are all well established and diverse races. The mix of events for 2018 include well known Hard Enduro (Extreme Enduro) events like Erzbergrodeo and Red Bull Romaniacs as well as more traditional Enduro, Cross Country events and the Red Bull Knock Out, a well-known beach race in the Netherlands. Each of these races includes both professional and amateur riders. There are plans to expand the series globally in the coming years, but all the 2018 events are based in Europe.
The Factory KTM and Husqvarna teams have already committed their top off-road riders for the 2018 series, including top American riders Cody Webb (KTM) and Colton Haaker (Husqvarna). In addition to Webb, KTM will have the now unretired Taddy Blazusiak, Josep Garcia, Jonny Walker and Nathan Watson. The Husqvarna Factory team will include Haaker, Graham Jarvis, Alfredo Gomez and Billy Bolt.
KTM and Husqvarna have indicated that the new World Enduro Super Series will be their primary international off-road racing focus for 2018 and they will not compete in the FIM Enduro World Championship with their factory teams. Both noted that the inclusion of both amateur and professional riders at these larger events provide more opportunity to engage with the riding public.
2018 World Enduro Super Series Events
- Round 1: Extreme XL Lagares. Portugal, May 11-13, 2018
- Round 2: Erzbergrodeo Red Bull Hare Scramble. Austria, May 31, June 3, 2018
- Round 3: Trefle Lozerian AMV. France, June 8-10, 2018
- Round 4: Red Bull Romaniacs. Romania, July 24-28, 2018
- Round 5: Red Bull 111 Megawatt. Poland, September TBD
- Round 6: TBA
- Round 7: Gotland Grand National. Sweden, October 26-27, 2018
- Round 8: Red Bull Knock Out. The Netherlands, November 10, 2018
Learn more at www.iridewess.com
Click here for all of the latest off-road motorcycle racing news.