2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak First Look
The Ducati named after America’s Mountain gets some goodies for 2018.
The enormously popular Ducati Multistrada is a three-time Pikes Peak International Hill Climb Champion, so it’s only fair that for 2018 it gets a nice plethora of updates.
The most obvious is the increase in capacity to 1262cc (the same as the base model Ducati Multistrada 1260) for the Euro 4 compliant Testastretta DVT motor, which gives the PP edition an 18 percent increase in torque at 5500 rpm, with 85 percent of the torque available at 3500 rpm. According to Ducati, this gives the Multistrada 1260 the highest torque values in its category at 4000 rpm, which is the most frequently used rev range.
The Pikes Peak edition also gets goodies like a Termignoni carbon fiber muffler as standard as well as a carbon fiber screen, front mudguard, hands-free cover and side panels. A red stitched seat also gives the Pikes Peak a bit of racing prowess.
As expected, you’ll get the Bosch IMU with access to the majority of Ducati electronic additions including Cornering ABS, Cornering Lights (DCL) on the full-LED headlight, Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC), Ducati Traction Control (DTC), Vehicle Hold Control (VHC) and Cruise Control, as well as the Ducati Multimedia Bluetooth System as standard.
There will also be a few performance packages available from Ducati as an accessory for the Pikes Peak. The Touring Pack (which includes heated grips, panniers and center stand); the Urban Pack (with top case, tank bag with tank lock and USB hub to charge your electronic devices); and the Enduro Pack (consisting of supplementary LED lights and Touratech engine crash bars, radiator crash bars, sump guard, a broader kickstand base and off-road foot pegs).
Ducati Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak
- Colors: Pikes Peak livery, Ducati red chassis, and black wheel rims
- New 1260cc Ducati Testastretta DVT engine
- Adjustable Öhlins fork and adjustable TTX36 shock
- Ducati Performance exhaust by Termignoni
- Carbon fiber screen (in addition to the standard one)
- Aluminum forged wheels
- Carbon fiber front mudguard
- Carbon fiber hands-free cover
- Carbon fiber front side panels
- Red seat stitching
- Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) by Bosch
- Bosch-Brembo ABS 9.1ME Cornering braking system
- 330 mm front discs with Brembo M50 four-piston radial calipers
- Electronic cruise control
- Ducati Multimedia System (DMS)
- Riding Modes
- Ride-by-Wire Power Modes (PM)
- Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC)
- Ducati Traction Control (DTC)
- Vehicle Hold Control (VHC)
- Height-adjustable rider’s seat
- Full LED headlight with Ducati Cornering Lights (DCL)
- Dashboard with full-TFT 5” color screen