Photography By Gold & Goose
INDIANAPOLIS, IN, AUG. 8 – LCR Honda’s Stefan Bradl topped the MotoGP time sheets in what was a hotly contested FP3 session at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The top 10 that advance to the second qualifying session were all within a second of Bradl’s 1:32.522.
Missing that top spot by just 0.016 of a second was Movistar Yamaha’s Valentino Rossi. Rossi’s teammate Jorge Lorenzo was third and also just short of Bradl by 0.084 of a second. Andrea Dovisioso led the factory Ducati effort in fourth ahead of Monster Yamaha Tech 3’s Pol Espargaro.
Repsol Honda’s Marc Marquez dropped down to sixth, 0.340 of a second behind Bradl. In seventh was Pramac Ducati’s Andrea Iannone followed by Bradley Smith on the other Monster Yamaha Tech 3 bike.
Rounding out the top 10 was Marquez’s teammate Dani Pedrosa and NGM Forward Racing’s Aleix Espargaro.
Dovisioso’s teammate Cal Crutchlow was unable to better his time from yesterday’s afternoon session and finished 13th. Joining Crutchlow in having to advance through Qualifying 1 was Go & Fun Honda Gresini’s Alvaro Bautista who suffered a vicious high side near the end of the session.
2014 Indianapolis Motor Speedway
MotoGP FP3 Combined Results
1. Stefan Bradl (Honda) 1:32.522
2. Valentino Rossi (Yamaha) 1:32.538
3. Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha) 1:32.606
4. Andrea Dovisioso (Ducati) 1:32.767
5. Pol Espargaro (Yamaha) 1:32.797
6. Marc Marquez (Honda) 1:32.862
7. Andrea Iannone (Ducati) 1:33.015
8. Bradley Smith (Yamaha) 1:33.202
9. Dani Pedrosa (Repsol) 1:33.220
10. Aleix Espargaro (Yamaha) 1:33.453