Pre-Qualified Riders Confirmed for 2014 KENDA Tennessee Knockout
The fourth annual KENDA AMA Tennessee Knockout, fueled by Monster Energy and presented by Moose Racing and SRT will take place on August 16-17, 2014. Beta’s Cody Webb took the win last year after finishing second to Mike Brown the previous two years. Both riders are planning to be back at the Trials Training Center in 2014 looking to take the biggest share of the $10,000 purse. Webb already took a major win at this year’s King of the Moto’s event in January and Brown has moved over to the factory Husqvarna team so you can expect both to be ready to win again in Tennessee. But you can expect a large group of top riders from all forms of off-road racing to be on hand to challenge for the win as well.
The top five finishers at the previous TKO events have included riders from EnduroCross, Trials, National Enduro, GNCC, WORCS and even the Enduro World Championship. So it is a great mix of backgrounds facing off on an extremely challenging course with a large purse on the line.
Pre-qualified riders get a free entry into the Sunday program. These riders earn an invite based on:
– Qualifying for the main event at previous Tennessee Knockout events
– Finishing in the top 10 in the following championships in 2013: AMA EnduroCross Expert Championship, AMA/NATC National Trials Pro Championship, GNCC XC1 Championship, AMA National Enduro Pro Championship, WORCS Pro-1 Championship, and OMA Expert Championship.
– Finishing in the top five of the 2013 GNCC XC-2 Championship
– Holding a top-five position in any of the above championships on August 1, 2014
– (The promoter may also select top riders from around the world at their discretion as “wild card” entries with free entries to the Sunday Expert race.)
The following riders are officially confirmed for the 2014 KENDA Tennessee Knockout:
Karl Davis Jr.
Shane Hufford Jr.
Unqualified Expert/Pro and amateur riders race on Saturday with the top finishers earning the opportunity to move on to the Sunday Expert Knockout rounds. On Sunday, riders will compete in a very tough and spectator friendly four-round Knockout racing format.
Check out the videos from the 2012 and 2013 TKO events:
– 2013: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqJZnQBdTZ8&feature=youtu.be
– 2012: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Moyylu0KN68&feature=plcp
For more information about the 2014 Kenda Tennessee Knockout, fueled by Monster Energy, please visit: http://tennesseeknockoutenduro.com/