DiSalvo Fastest in Mid-Ohio DSB Qualifying
LEXINGTON, OHIO, JULY 13 – Team Latus Motors Racing’s Jason DiSalvo rode his Triumph Daytona 675 to the provisional pole in Friday Daytona Sportbike qualifying at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
DiSalvo lapped the 2.4-mile, 15-turn track in 1:29.172 mins. on his final flying lap and one of only four laps at speed.
The time put him on top by .179 sec. over M4 Broaster Chicken Suzuki’s Dane Westby, who won his first and only DSB race here a year ago.
Westby was second by the very narrowest of margins-.001 sec.-over Y.E.S. Graves Yamaha’s Cameron Beaubier, with Martin Cardenas fourth on the Geico Suzuki. Cardenas leads the DSB championship with 243 points to 192 for DiSalvo.
Jake Zemke qualified the financially strapped Ducshop Racing Ducati 848EVO fifth overall ahead of fellow veteran Tommy Hayden on the second Y.E.S. Graves Yamaha. Hayden won last year’s Sunday Superbike race.
Filling out the provisional second row are Bobby Fong (Meen Motorsports Racing Yamaha) and JD Beach on the Road Race Factory/Red Bull Yamaha.
Daytona Sportbike Qualifying:
1. Jason DiSalvo (Triumph) 1:29.172
2. Dane Westby (Suzuki) 1:29.351
3. Cameron Beaubier (Yamaha) 1:29.352
4. Martin Cardenas (Suzuki) 1:29.429
5. Jake Zemke (Ducati) 1:29.585
6. Tommy Hayden (Yamaha) 1:29.895
7. Bobby Fong (Yamaha) 1:29.974
8. JD Beach (Yamaha) 1:30.044
9. Huntley Nash (Yamaha) 1:30.450
10. Michael Beck (Yamaha) 1:30.525