For the 15th consecutive time, Team Honda captured the overall win at the SCORE Baja 1000 in Baja California, Mexico, November 18-19. The trio of Kendall Norman, Quinn Cody and Logan Holladay was the top-finishing vehicle, covering the 705-mile course on their JCR Honda CRF450X in 14 hours, 14 minutes and 25 seconds, with a speed average of 49.51 mph. It was also Honda’s 22nd overall victory in the race.
Kendall Norman led the Honda team to victory at the Baja 1000.
It was the sixth overall career win for Norman and fifth straight in this race while Cody picked up his fourth career Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 overall motorcycle victory and third straight and for Holladay, a Hollywood stunt rider, it was his first SCORE Baja race win.
Norman, Cody and Holladay successfully held back the charge of the Kawasaki team of Shan Esposito, Robby Bell and Steve Hengeveld.
The Kawasaki KX450F-mounted team finished approximately 10 minutes behind the winning Honda for second overall.
Third overall went to Honda’s second team made up of Colton Udall, David Kamo and timmy Weigand. The trio finished over seven minutes behind the Udall team.
Fourth place went to the winning Class 21 team of Trevor Insley, Bill Gilbert, Morgan Crawford, Ian Young, Ryan Kudla, Dennis Green and Matt Carlson.
1. Kendall Norman, Santa Barbara, Calif./Quinn Cody, Los Olivos, Calif./Logan Holladay, Buellton, Calif., Honda CRF450X, 14:14:25 (49.51 mph) (Class 22)
2. Shane Esposito, Lake Elsinore, Calif./Robby Bell, Menifee, Calif./Steve Hengeveld, Flagstaff, Ariz./Bobby Garrison, Hesperia, Calif./David Pearson, Panaca, Nev., Kawasaki, KX450F, 14:24:55 (48.91 mph) (Class 22)
3. Colton Udall, San Clemente, Calif./David Kamo, Caldwell, Idaho/Timmy Weigand, Valencia, Calif., Honda CRF450X, 14:31:10 (48.56 mph) (Class 22)
4. Trevor Insley, San Clemente, Calif./Bill Gilbert, Ladera Ranch, Calif./Morgan Crawford, Sanger, Calif./Ian Young, San Clemente, Calif., Ryan Kudla, Oxnard, Calif., Dennis Green, Palm Springs, Calif., Matt Carlson, Sachse, Texas, Honda CRF450X, 16:31:27 (42.66 mph) (Class 21)
5. A.J. Stewart, Jamul, Calif./Donald Stanley, San Clemente, Calif./Justin Morgan, Alpine, Calif./Corey Freeman, Fallbrook, Calif./Kevin Johnson, Boulder City, Nev., Honda CRF450X, 17:00:59 (41.43 mph) (Class 22)
6. Mike Johnson, El Paso, Texas/Brian Pinard, Sun City, Calif./Rex Cameron, Albuquerque, N.M./Francisco Septien, Ensenada, Mexico/Chuck Dempsey, Oak Hills, Calif./Scott Myers, Menifee, Calif., Honda CRF450X, 17:08:10 (41.14 mph) (Class 30)
7. Francisco Arredondo, Guatemala/Nicholas Burson, Ridgecrest, Calif./Justin Morrow, Pinon Hills, Calif./Ryan Dudek, Long Beach, Calif., Honda CRF450X, 17:13:24 (40.93 mph) (Class 22)
8. Jeff Kaplan, Thousand Oaks, Calif./Ron Wilson, Encinitas, Calif./Jeff Sheets, Henderson, Nev./Brett Helm, Poway, Calif./Chuck Dempsey, Oak Hills, Calif., Honda CRF450X, 17:47:09 (39.64 mph) (Class 40)
9. Chris Parker, Costa Mesa, Ariz./Austin Miller, Dripping, Texas/James Hall, Malibu, Calif./Graham Gustin, Costa Mesa, Calif., Honda CRF450X, 18:46:52 (37.55 mph) (Class 21)
10. Jim O’Neal, Simi Valley, Calif./Mark Winkelman, Cedar Hill, Texas/Andy Kirker, Lake Forest, Calif./Dan Dawson, Agua Dulce, Calif./Steve Williams, Tehachapi, Calif./Bob Johnson, Oceanside, Calif./Greg Fountain, Lake Forest, Calif., Honda CRF450X, 19:03:35 (36.99 mph) (Class 50)