The following is from Yamaha…The Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team today unveiled their new livery for the 2010 racing season. The team launched the new design on location at the Sterilgarda headquarters in Castiglione delle Stiviere to an audience of international journalists and sponsors.Riders James Toseland and Cal Crutchlow revealed their 2010 YZF-R1 racebikes then took time to answer questions about their upcoming season. Both two-time World Superbike champion Toseland and reigning World Supersport champion Crutchlow have the potential to fight for the championship title this year.New racing developments to the 2010 bike based upon the production crossplane crankshaft R1 include:• Increased engine power – Maximum engine power increased by 8hp, considerable power benefits over the full rev range.
• Weight reduction – Overall bike weight reduced by 3kg without losing the electric starter.
• Different radiator shape – For increased cooling capacity and also to reduce drag.
• Different fuel tank – Now made entirely from carbon fibre with greater capability and lighter.
• Re-designed bottom fairing – Narrower design for less drag, design allows for easier heat dispersal
• New exhaust system – For increased power in the middle of the rev range.James Toseland, Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team
“The first race is coming up in two weeks and testing has been really promising after riding a GP bike for two years. After the test in Phillip island personally and machinery wise everything should be set to compete at the front from the first race.”Cal Crutchlow, Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team
“I’m looking forward to the year ahead, it’s going to be a good challenge, but tough! Testing has gone well, hopefully we can turn that into good results from the first few races and build from there. I know we can do a good job.”Crutchlow & ToselandLaurens Klein Koerkamp, Yamaha Motor Europe Racing Manager
“After an incredibly successful season last year it’s back to business. We have two new riders and we’ve taken the bike to the next level over the winter, we want to keep the world title at Yamaha. The grid is looking really tough this year but we have two of the toughest guys at the front.”Nando Sarzi, Sterilgarda Alimenti Spa CEO
“We were delighted to be able to join up with Yamaha in Monza in 2009, it was amazing to be able to share the year of successful racing together. We are very excited about 2010 and are looking forward to more success and our relationship continuing to develop.”Sterilgarda joined up with Yamaha as a key Sponsor midway through the 2009 race season at the Monza round in Italy. The relationship has continued to grow successfully with Sterilgarda sharing in the championship success of 2009. For 2010 Yamaha and Sterilgarda have remained committed to strengthening their partnership further and continuing to work closely together, sharing a common passion for racing and the desire to be the best.Sterilgarda Alimenti Spa is the second largest UHT dairy manufacturer in Italy, operating from their headquarters in Castiglione delle Stiviere (Mantova, Italy) with a turnover of 258 million € (2009), main products include UHT milk and cream, béchamel sauce, pudding, yogurt, mascarpone, fruit juices and soft drinks.Sterilgarda company facts: – Sterilgarda Alimenti Spa founded in1969.
– Based in Castiglione delle Stiviere (Mantova, Italy).
– Second largest UHT dairy manufacturer in Italy.
– Main products include UHT milk and cream and mascarpone etc.
fruit juices and nectars, iced tea and soft drinks.
-Turnover: 258 million € (2009).
– Aprox. 90 % of turnover in Italy, 10 % outside Italy (mainly mascarpone – famous soft cheese).
– 500 employees.
– Production capacity exceeding 2.5 million products per day (aprox. 1.400 tons).
– Most modern production and filling UHT/ Tetrabrik machinery in Italy.