The Scot Harden-led Red Bull KTM Dakar Rally team is busy testing in Tunisia this week and were nice enough to get us photos. Looks like they're also having a bit of fun.
This year's Dakar Rally begins on December 31 and will run through January 16. Here's a mini preview of the event, courtesy of the official website.
Key Sporting Details of the Race
• 3 stages in Spain
• 2 stages in Morocco
• 6 stages in Mauritania
• 2 stages in Mali
• 3 stages in Senegal
• The longest stage: Barcelone to Grenade (919 km)
• The shortest stage: Barcelone to Barcelone (18 km)
• The longest special: Zouérat to Tichit (660 km)
• The shortest special: Barcelone to Barcelone (4 km)
• 2 marathon-stages
Zouérat to Tichit
Kiffa to Bamako
On each of these stages, vehicles will be placed in a parc fermé and assistance vehicles will not be present at the bivouac.
• GPS points: Most stages will focus on the competitors navigation skills. Only GPS points of CP and the end of the special will be indicated.
• A total 8956 km including 5431 km of special and 3525 km of liaison.
Super-Special: in Barcelona on the 31st December
• Start of the first motorcycle competitor from the Parc Fermé at 10h45.
• Start of the Super Special at 11h15. For this Super Special, motorcycle competitors will start in reverse number order but car and truck competitors will start in order of their numbers.
The last competitor should arrive at approximately 16h30.
Start: Place d’Espagne in Barcelona on the 1st January
• From 10h00 for the first motorcycle.
• Motorcycle competitors will start in reverse number order but cars and trucks will start in order of their numbers.
Special: in Granada on the 2nd January
• Motorcycle competitors will start in the reverse order of the classification of the Super Special in Barcelona.
• Cars and trucks will start in the order of the classification of the Super Special in Barcelona.
Rest day: in Atâr on the 9th January
Finish: Lac Rose in Dakar on the 16th January
• Finish, podium, prize-giving at Lac Rose.
• An evening of celebrating at the Club Med for all rally “followers” will close this 27th edition of the Dakar.