Fans are invited to attend the totally-free Moto Monday, June 23, when the top factory riders and teams from the AMA Superbike Championship will be conducting an important pre-race test at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki and Honda factory teams and riders are using the test session to prepare for two of the most significant AMA rounds of the 2008 season – the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix (July 18-20) and the season-ending Corona AMA Superbike Finale (Sept. 27 & 28).
Gates open at 8 a.m., and the paddock, grandstands and trackside viewing areas will all be open free-of-charge to the fans. The first 100 fans will receive a free Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix souvenir. The track is open to AMA team testing between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
In addition to the testing, several FREE fan activities are planned including:
– Free Fan Parade Lap (bikes and cars in separate group) – Noon
– AMA Rider Q&A Session in Pit Row Suites – 12:30 p.m.
– Q&A with motorcycle racing legend Wayne Rainey – 1 p.m.
– Supermoto USA demonstration – 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
– Latest Yamaha sportbikes on display
– Moto Monday-only ticket special – At the track, fans can buy one Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix General Admission ticket and get a free Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix hat and a Sunday grandstand ticket. On the phone, fans can get the same deal, minus the free hat.
“This is a great opportunity for fans to check out the AMA teams and meet some of the top AMA riders in a more casual setting than that of a hectic race weekend,” said Gill Campbell, CEO/General Manager of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
“We’re grateful to our friends at Yamaha who are renting the track that day, and the other manufacturers testing with them, for allowing us to piggyback their day with this great fan promotion.”
The Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix, July 18-20, features the MotoGP World Championship along with the AMA Superbike, Supersport and Red Bull U.S. Rookies Cup.
More information is available at www.laguna-seca.com and www.redbullusgrandprix.com.