Two weeks after rain forced the Joliet race to be rescheduled, Mees was dominant in the fourth round of the 13-race AMA Ford Quality Flat Track Twins Championship. Fourth into the first turn, Mees was in the lead by the time the leaders crossed the start-finish line and and he led the rest of the laps.
Mees Screamin’ Eagle teammate Bryan Smith put his Moroney’s Harley-Davidson into the lead at the start, but he slipped back to fifth before mounting a charge that would bring him back to American Suzuki’s Jake Johnson.
Smith ended up finishing second, though he was 1.5 seconds behind Mees. Johnson took the final podium spot on his Suzuki ahead of defending Grand National Champion Kenny Coolbeth.
Johnson’s teammate JR Schnabel ended up fifth.
1. Jared Mees (Harley-Davidson)
2. Bryan Smith (Harley-Davidson)
3. Jake Johnson (Suzuki)
4. Ken Coolbeth (Harley-Davidson)
5. JR Schnabel (Suzuki)
6. Paul Lynch (Harley-Davidson)
7. Shaun Russell (Harley-Davidson)
8. Chris Carr (Harley-Davidson)
9. Johnny Murphree (Harley-Davidson)
10. A J Eslick (Harley-Davidson)