Davis/Pearson Top Laughlin HS
For the second year in a row, the YZ250-mounted team of Ty Davis and Russ Pearson reigned supreme at the Best In The Desert Laughlin U.S. Hare Scrambles held just outside of the gambling town of Laughlin, Nevada. Davis and Pearson started at the back of the Open Pro field, but moved into the lead on adjusted time before the end of the first of four loops around the 39-mile course. After 156 miles of rocky and rough terrain, Davis and Pearson took the checkered flag with a time of 5:29:28.
Finishing second, 2:39 behind the winning Yamaha was Team Green’s Brian Brown and David Pearson (cousin of Russ), also competing in the Open Pro class on a KX250. Rounding out the podium was Yamaha’s Matt Gosnell and Nick Pearson (Russ’ brother), with an overall time of 5:33:59.
Taking first Ironman honors was KTM 380-mounted Rick Daniel, who completed 117 miles in 4:43:09, nearly 15 minutes faster than the second-place Ironman.
Laughlin U.S. Hare Scrambles Overall Results:
1. Ty Davis/Russ Pearson (Yam) Open Pro
2. Brian Brown/David Pearson (Kaw) Open Pro
3. Nick Pearson/Matt Gosnell (Yam) Open Pro
4. Destry Abbott/Shane Esposito (Kaw) Open Pro
5. Steve Hengeveld/Johnny Campbell (Hon) Open Pro
6. Kurt Caselli/Joey Lanza (KTM) Open Pro
7. Dave Ondas/Oakley Lehman (Kaw) Open Pro
8. Wade Phillips/Jacob Phillips (Hbg) Four-stroke Pro
9. Bryan Folks/Revelle Harrison (KTM) 250 Pro
10. Mike Healey/Tim Weigland (Hon) 125 Pro