Moss brothers and Rockstar Motul Suzuki teammates, Jake and Matt, took top honors in their respective classes at the penultimate round of the Monster Energy Super X Series in Parramatta, Australia, November 27. Jake scored an exciting win in the Open final en route to the overall win, while Matt dominated the Lites division.
Josh Hansen, on the Pro Circuit Kawasaki, claimed the first of the four, six-lap races in a dominant performance, leaving Scotland's Billy Mackenzie in his first ever Super X and Supercross race in second and Jay Marmont third.In the second moto, Dan McCoy and Jay Marmont were neck and neck for the whole race after Hansen got stuck back in the pack at the start. McCoy managed to hold on for the win with Marmont second and Dan Reardon in third. Hansen finished eighth with a bent gear shift that forced him to race in one gear for the entire race.
Mackenzie took the third holeshot of the night with Hansen close behind and Jake Moss third. The two Kawasaki riders were neck and neck in the final lap, but the Scot held off Hansen for the win. Moss held on for third.Mackenzie claimed the final holeshot of the night and Hansen, once again, got stuck back in the pack. Mackenzie, Marmont and Moss were all within a bike length of one another up front for most of the race, until Marmont took a dive in the sand section. On the same lap, Mackenzie went off the side of the track allowing Moss to pass. Mackenzie and Marmont swapped second and third places numerous times throughout the race, but it was Moss who grabbed the win with Mackenzie second and Marmont third.
Moss was first overall on a count back with Mackenzie second and Marmont third.
"It was so awesome to get the win tonight especially with Matt winning too. I was riding really tight all night, but everything just came together for me in the final," Jake Moss said."I am really happy with my result tonight and I did so much better than I ever could have expected," Mackenzie said.
"It's always good to be on the podium, but I am disappointed I went down in the sand in the last race," Marmont said. "I was leading overall before that and in a good position for the win, but at least I finished ahead of Hansen. Mossy has been gaining points on me the last couple of rounds so I really need some wins in Brisbane."
The unforgiving Survival format featured in the Lites final and the final five-lap race of five riders was down to Matt Moss, Josh Cachia, Lawson Bopping, Kade Mosig and Ford Dale, with championship leader PJ Larsen forced to withdraw with bike troubles to finish seventh.
Teammates Lawson Bopping and Matt Moss battled for first and second at the start of the race, but shortly after Moss made the pass, Bopping collided with Mackie allowing Cachia to move into second and pushing Bopping back to third.
The Championship lead has now been passed back to Moss with PJ Larsen only five points behind going into the final round in Brisbane next weekend.
The final round of the series will be held at QSAC stadium in Brisbane next Saturday December 4.
OPEN top 10 results - Round 6
1. Jake MOSS - Team Rockstar Motul Suzuki: 18,18,20,25 TOTAL 81
2. Billy MACKENZIE - Kawasaki Racing Team Cool Air Conditioning: 22,12,25,22 TOTAL: 81
3. Jay MARMONT - CDR Rockstar Yamaha: 20,22,16,20 TOTAL 78
4. Josh HANSEN - Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki: 25,13,22,16 TOTAL 76
5. Daniel REARDON - Cougar Bourbon Honda Thor Racing: 14,20,18,18 TOTAL 70
6. Daniel McCOY - Coastal KTM Motorex Team: 12,25,10,13 TOTAL 60
7. Jeff ALESSI - CDR Rockstar Yamaha: 13,11,15,15 TOTAL 54
8. Tye SIMMONDS - JDR Motorex KTM: 15,8,14,12 TOTAL 49
9. Craig ANDERSON - Berry Sweet Honda: 16,7,6,14 TOTAL 43
10. Beau RALSTON - Coastal KTM MX Rad: 11,9,11,11 TOTAL 42
OPEN top 10 results - Top 10 championship standings
1. Josh HANSEN - Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki: 351
2. Jay MARMONT - CDR Rockstar Yamaha: 307
3. Jake MOSS - Team Rockstar Motul Suzuki: 275
4. Tye SIMMONDS - JDR Motorex KTM: 240
5. Daniel REARDON - Cougar Bourbon Honda Thor Racing: 232
6. Daniel McCOY - Coastal KTM Motorex Team: 208
7. Mike ALESSI - JDR Motorex KTM: 159
8. Todd WATERS - Cougar Bourbon Thor Honda: 155
9. Lewis WOODS - Top Gear KTM: 150
10. Justin BRAYTON - Muscle Milk / Toyota JGRMX: 121
LITES top 10 results - Round 6
1. Matt MOSS - Rockstar Motul Suzuki: 25
2. Josh CACHIA - Coastal KTM MX Rad: 22
3. Lawson BOPPING - Team Rockstar Motul Suzuki: 20
4. Kade MOSIG - Cougar Bourbon Thor Honda: 18
5. Ford DALE - Serco Yamaha: 16
6. Luke ARBON - Kawasaki Racing Team Cool Air Conditioning: 15
7. Adam MONEA - Serco Yamaha: 14
8. P J LARSEN - JDR Motorex KTM: 13
9. Robbie MARSHALL - Yamaha: 12
10. Joel ROELANTS - Coastal KTM MX Rad: 11
LITES - Top 10 championship standings
1. Matt MOSS - Team Rockstar Motul Suzuki: 273
2. P J LARSEN - JDR Motorex KTM: 268
3. Ryan MARMONT - JDR Motorex KTM: 203
4. Cody MACKIE - Kawasaki Racing Team Cool Air Conditioning: 190
5. Lawson BOPPING - Team Rockstar Motul Suzuki: 164
6. Steven CLARKE - Raceline Pirelli Suzuki: 156
7. Ford DALE - Serco Yamaha: 146
8. Josh CACHIA - Coastal KTM MX Rad: 145
9. Robbie MARSHALL - Yamaha: 131
10. Luke STYKE - GTYR Rockstar Yamaha: 129For more information, visit: www.superx.com.au.