Three riders snuck into the 54s during the final timed qualifying for the Lites class at the Oakland Coliseum tonight, but it was Red Bull KTM's Marvin Musquin turning the quickest time of the session - a 54.728 - in qualifying for tonight's fourth round of the AMA Monster Energy Lites West Supercross Series.
Musquin's best came on his ninth of 10 laps, the Frenchman topping Monster Yamaha's Zach Osborne by .093 of a second with Osborne ripping off a 54.821 for the second fastest lap. Musquin is hoping to rebound from last week's non-finish when he knocked the wind out of himself after landing on a Tuff Block in the final.
Third fastest, and the last rider in the 54-second range, was last week's winner Eli Tomac, the Geico Honda rider just .102 of a second off Musquin.
Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki's Dean Wilson was fourth with Anaheim I winner Cole Seeley fifth on the Troy Lee Designs Honda.
1. Marvin Musquin (KTM) 54.728
2. Zach Osborne (Yamaha) 54.821
3. Eli Tomac (Honda) 54.923
4. Dean Wilson (Kawasaki) 55.292
5. Cole Seely (Honda) 55.614
6. Ryan Sipes (Yamaha) 55.758
7. Jason Anderson (Suzuki) 55.811
8. Nico Izzi (Yamaha) 55.961
9. Martin Davalos (Suzuki) 55.961
10. Tyla Rattray (Kawasaki) 56.163